Best Setup to remotely view Hikvision with 5MB internet connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For back ground info - I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE-P-8 DVR with 8 DS-2CD2112-I Cameras. It works really well over wifi; all settings are set for max video quality. No problem at all but for remote connection....

I have only a 4.5 to 5MB BT connection. I used to access it through a BThome hub 4 via dyndns and this worked to some degree on the ipad/phone app and not too well at all on the PC Client (IvMS-4200).

On the ipad app it would not show live view (I guess that high res and 5MB just don't fit well) however, it would play back Hi Res recorded stuff taken only a moment before fairly smoothly).
This was fine when being away as if I saw the gate was intact I was fairly comfortable.

However I changed the BT router for a Draytek Vigor 2920 for periodic work VPN connection mainly (I do not have the VPN connected when trying to see the DVR) and now I can see a poor playback connection via the PC client via dyndns, no live view and the Ipad app does not connect at all.

Does anbody have any experience of setup for such a poor bandwidth, camera settings etc. that will give me the best chance of remote viewing.

I realise I'm trying to get a quart out of a pint pot but will take any advise with thanks

Sponsored Links
What have you got your picture quality set on , on the app ? If it's set on clear it will struggle

Hi Sparkymarka, hope all is good with you. Yes, I have got the picture quality set as clear, I'll change it and see how it behaves, what will be the best setting?

Sponsored Links
Or turn down the quality on the sub stream ( this is the bit used for mobile/ remote viewing )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back