Hilti Guns

Technically it used to come under the firarms act as your using .22 powder cartridges. Don't know about now though this was 10 years ago.
Had to go on a 3 day Hilti course to get a licence just so you could buy the carts.
I can't think it's got any easier like just walk in and hire one/buy one.

Sponsored Links
Don't know then maybe rules have changed,I'm not planing on using one soon,a year of day in day out belting stuff into into steel and concrete for trunking support tends to take the edge off it's very effiecent and time saving attributes.
Just looked up your one and belt fed very nice, the one I used you had to split to put the carts(yellow,green,red,or black in order of strenght of charge) in the chamber and had a bloody great spring loaded bell housing which you had to push agaist the surface to enable you to fire.
It weighed a ton.

Hilti guns used to be the weapon of choice by the IRA for kneecapping in NI.
At least that's what the Hilti rep told me years ago.

I remember working on a site years ago and one of the apprentices though it was great fun to screw peoples shoes/trainers to a piece of wood,,, Until I Hilti gunned his Nike trainers to a piece of RSJ. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
we put up about 3000 cable loops with a hilti gun on a pole when doing one hotel.. big 6 inch wire loops with a special hilti nail thing with a thread for taking rod ( or in this case the threaded end of the loop.. )..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back