Hilton Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some antique gold finish basin taps which I want to replace with like for like, but unfortunately i don't know what make they are .

The only clues is that the white disk on the top has the world "HILTON" on, ring a bell with anyone ?

Sponsored Links
Two reasons. cosmetically the combined affect of hard water and descaler and also functionally. They have worn such that there is about 1/2 turn of slack movement on opening and closing the tap and on one of them when you undo the 'shroud' the body unscrews at the same time and i cannot see how to separate them.

on one of them when you undo the 'shroud' the body unscrews at the same time and i cannot see how to separate them.
you remove the "capstan" from the spindle, and the shroud lifts up

and what about the photos?

Sponsored Links
Yes sorry, what I mean is that it is seized inside it; on the other tap I tried to remove the slack by packing a washer under the spring clip but it didn't seem a reasonable solution.

done a wee bit of internet detective work...............

these taps were stolen from the Macclesfield Hilton Hotel in 1972.

your details have been forwarded to the serious crime squad.........

you really should be ashamed.

I've got some gold finish traditional basin taps you can have for a fiver plus postage if you want. One needs a new washer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back