Unusual Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an unusual basin tap that i'm not familiar with. circa 1970's when the coloured disk is removed i.e.red for hot there is (instead of a screw/nut head to release the tap handle) a flat plate clip, I levered this out and i can see the top of the tap valve but there is no release screw. It looks like the tap handle should therefore just level off, however it really doesn't want to move...doe some taps need a puller i.e. jaws on base of handle, spindle tightened down into middle?
Any ideas
Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
by flat plate clip sounds like a circlip.

After about 30 years service its gonny be a tad on the tight side , pour a kettle o boiling water (carefull) over tap,and tap with a nylon mallet .

Just one of these jobs a hate going to would rather avoid, too time consuming and end up cracking advacado green basin.

I carry a small puller for just this purpose. Sometimes needs the boiling water as well!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back