HIP U turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just heard on radio 4 that the HIP will no longer be complusary

bloody useless bunch of tossers out government

we all have spent a fortune in cash and time getting all qualified for weak and willing to back down on the only thing that may have compelled customers to use appropriatly trained tradesmen

way to go tony

hell of a cowboys charter aint it

Sponsored Links
As an argi member and assuming it's true.

I told you so last year

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well heard it on R4 Pm programme

sucks though dont it.

its on now

they say that the industry will not be ready and they are going to phase it in

they reckon the dry run did not work as well as expected,

so they are not going to do the "big Bang"

energy efficiency info will be on it but most will

R4 are doing a programme on the HIP on sat afternoon

Sponsored Links
On the 6 o'clock news - it must be true

Another naff Nu Labia "great idea" gone to the wall

Please get the details correct!

The Housing Minister has only stated that the compulsory HIP will not be starting in July 2007 as originally planned.

That does not mean that it has been abandoned, only that its start date has been delayed.

Tony

Agile said:

The Housing Minister has only stated that the compulsory HIP will not be starting in July 2007 as originally planned.

That does not mean that it has been abandoned, only that its start date has been delayed.

Tony

if you read my post oh pedantic one i think you will find that i did state quite clearly that the dry run had not worked out well and they are going to phase it in (if you believe that you'll believe anything)

Agile said:
Quite so. It's not the Home Information Pack that's has been postponed but the Home Condition Report (the survey element) although the energy efficiency report/survey appears to remain to be introduced as planned.

Well i still think I made the right decision not becoming a home inspector. I prefer crawling around in cupbaords and lofts, 'specially on hot days like this. Anyhow, how many home inspectors get invited to nestle in 36DD's?

chrishutt said:
Agile said:
Quite so. It's not the Home Information Pack that's has been postponed but the Home Condition Report (the survey element) although the energy efficiency report/survey appears to remain to be introduced as planned.

:oops:

your right.

bet it disappears into the the ether though

The Government will be looking for a face-saving way out of this, particularly to avoid having to pay full compensation to all those who have undergone training to become Home Inspectors. They will try to hang-on to the notion of HIPs, even though the key element looks like it's slipping away.

usual labour cock up chris

They cannot implement their own legislation with any kind of competency

Update on news today said that the problem was with the survey aspect because the mortgage lenders have said they will not accept the HIP for lending purposes and will still want their own surveys. Quite predictable really!

It also said that 7500 Inspectors would be required and so far there are only 200 trained.

It looks as we are going to have to wait and see if and when and what scheme is to be introduced.

Maybe it will quietly die?

Mr Blair is still saying that there will be an energy efficiency report.

Tony

corgiman said:
Agile said:

Tony

if you read my post oh pedantic one i think you will find that i did state quite clearly that the dry run had not worked out well and they are going to phase it in (if you believe that you'll believe anything)

i have already told you lot the ceack about it this makes me feel so good has i have already stated that i went to the sava meetings and was ready to part with £15.000 but a little birdie told me not to.

this is fantastic news its made my day even more sunnier looks like corgiman has bet on the wrong horse in this one come on corgiman how much have you lost heeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back