HIPS, what is your view?

Colin_p said:
Ha ! You've led a very sheltered life if you think that is an extremist
On the contrary.

what on earth has driving and blinkers got to do with it?
It's a metaphor.

Are you above the law
No.

does the law not effect you
Correct - it affects me.

are you not ever going to move house?
I am going to move house.

Why change a system that works perfectly well and self regulates and protects itself, both buyers and lenders?
If you think the system was a good one then you're in a minority. The perverse arrangement was that prospective buyers were each cornered into paying for the same thing over and over again. Not a productive use of the country's resources.

No. If we are talking about being sensible. The very first thing that needs to be thought out is weather any change is neccessary at all.
I completely agree.

What on earth are you mumbling about?
I wasn't mumbling, I was writing about the propogation of the idea of decency.

Introducing pointless laws and legislation will actually have the opposite effect. It will create contempt for the law and cause otherwise 'decent' people to suffer that contempt, except of course dinosours like yourself.
You imply that my opinion is extinct, but it isn't.

More totally mindless drivel that has nothing to do with this.
IMHO hypocrisy has everything to do with it.

Fool, stop believing what 'they' tell you and what you may read in the Daily Mail.
You seem unable to put your point across without pointless and blunt name-calling. I never read the DM, and I don't know who you think 'they' are, so you'll have to find a cleverer insult than that.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
You seem unable to put your point across without pointless and blunt name-calling. I never read the DM, and I don't know who you think 'they' are, so you'll have to find a cleverer insult than that.

The man speaks in tongues.

Was it not yourself that said, "FFS Grow up.", if that isn't blunt, I don't know what is.

It is ok for you then? I guess it is as no doubt you own this forum.

No idea whether HIP's will be useful or useless at this stage only time will tell.

I know one thing though for sure, applying retrospective electrical survey information to HIP's on old properties is a pointless excercise ... They may have more meaning on new properties though.

I can't help feeling that this is another not quite thought through Government initiative :LOL:

Colin_p said:
The man speaks in tongues.
Please tell me which words you had trouble understanding, and I'll happily explain them to you.

Was it not yourself that said, "FFS Grow up."
No. It was not not myself (to use your own vernacular).

if that isn't blunt, I don't know what is.
Certainly blunt, but not name-calling, which is what I accused you of.

It is ok for you then? I guess it is as no doubt you own this forum.
I think there's significant doubt that I own the forum. In direct contrast, there's no doubt that you practice sarcasm, albeit not very successfully.

Do you have anything productive to add to the topic, or are you just out to be critical of my posts?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
FFS. Grow up.

No. It was not not myself

Man who speaks in tongues also lies! (unless of course his is a 'split personality')... ;)

golum%20as%20carville-740300.jpg

ellal said:
Man who speaks in tongues also lies!
If it was anyone else I'd request an explanation, but this is just ellal. :rolleyes:

joe-90 said:
You can only get a structural survey on an empty house. You can only get an electrical check by virtually dismantling the house.
Even then, it's just some other geezers opinion.

Points taken, but even basic stuff like lofts with timbers removed can catch people out, and while a surveyor should pick up something like that, not everybody has a survey done, and they are not required to by law.

Same with leccy, visual inspections on CU and power points, cable sizes etc can pick up a lot of problems, but even a basic check such as this is not required to buy or sell a house, so why should depth of loft insulation be important?

At the end of the day it's a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware) it's the same for everything else so why do houses have to be different? and if certain checks are going to be mandatory, then they should be more important than energy efficiency. (not in itself a trivial matter but quite low down on the list of basics I'd expect in a home)

HIPS?

Twaddle.

Anyone buying a house should be able to research this themselves. Our advise to customers is to get a basic survey; them with a tame sparky, builder and plumber (CORGI'd) with a hundred notes in their pocket a peice; get an opinion on the property.

The survey SHOULD find any local issues and the tradesmen will give a hell of a lot more specific and useful information about the property than the HIP inspector could ever give.

This legislation is a complete waste of time and invented to give the government the veneer of doing "something".

Just my 2p worth... but what do I know?

Softus said:
Do you have anything productive to add to the topic, or are you just out to be critical of my posts?

Your at it again you sad loser. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it's a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware) it's the same for everything else so why do houses have to be different? and if certain checks are going to be mandatory, then they should be more important than energy efficiency. (not in itself a trivial matter but quite low down on the list of basics I'd expect in a home)

last i heard the energy efficiency calc was the only thing that was actually on the statute books :rolleyes:

the rest is not mandatory

From what I can gather NI and Scotland have a system which has been in place for years and works well and they could just have adopted this.
Its another case of bumbling ministers unable to back down when they know thay are wrong and just force their nonsense unto the people anyway.
IMO. ;)

Softus said:
BigBurn said:
Your at it again...
I think you'll find it's "You're".

Thougt you saide you weir never replyinig to me ever againe. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Is this a spelling forum you plonker ????

Ther,s no need to get all riled up over this at the end of the day your going after pay. So after all this blubbering back chAT among yourselfs,
At the end of the day your going to have to pay your God up there or your God down here ( me). We are here to help the planet and we only charge £125 per inspection, or you can face the ultimate price fryed earth on toast.

joe-90 said:
When I left Australia they were bringing in a 'log book' for each house. The house searches were made once and entered into the logbook. If the current homeowner added something like an extension then all the documents were added to the log book. They were simply passed on to the next buyer and the onus was on 'owner disclosure' about the house whilst he had it. He was legally liable to give information to the buyer - or foot the bill afterwards if he didn't disclose.
What a good idea !!
For some strange reason I thought this govmt were planning something like that. BUt that was in the distant past. Only efficency I can see is the amount of revenue and vat it will throw up :rolleyes: Now looks like searches etc are going to have to be duplicated cos the building societies wont look at the vendors search, they wont want to rely on some bloke who last year was a double glazing salesman. Or. became an inspector while in a prison cell . ya gtta be carefull who you let in your home nowadays specially as this govmt are soo desperate to enroll inspectors. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back