hitachi 24v drill probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a hitachi DH 20dv 24v cordless hammer drill, the batteries are not charging (when i put them in the charger the red light is on the battery with a cross on it) how can i tell if its the batteries or the charger thats kaput.

Sponsored Links
how old is it?

i doubt its the charger. unless you can borrow another identical set to what you have you will not know for sure unless you have a meter and a load to test it with.

most places sell the drill but no replacement batteries, probably because 2 genuine batteries cost more than a new drill

I know £140 each :eek: I'd rather tape the drill bit to me yankee :LOL:

It's perfectly possible for a charger to fail, new or old.

When my Bosch charger failed when it was a little over a year old, I found the cheapest way round the problem was to buy a DIY (green) Bosch cordless tool. The tool wasn't very good, but the charger was fine for my needs.

Why don't you find a helpful Hitachi dealer who is willing to let you try your batteries in one of their chargers, to help you diagnose the problem?

Sponsored Links
from my experience of batteries failing to charge, its always been the charger, batteries tend to die a slower death. ebay's quite handy if you're on a budget

Can you take the battery apart and test each cell to if they are dead...

most you can not open the battery holder without damage to it. and i bet he hasnt got a meter either

I had this happen and tested the batteries in someone elses charger. Batteries were fine charger was naff. It was all of 4 weeks old. It was company supplied so they took it back and issued me with a Bosch 24v.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back