hitachi tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i was given a tv without the mains adaptor, can anybody tell me if it is possible to get an alternative replacement (non genuine) mains adaptor for a hitachi 22ld4200uk tv? the info on the back says. (15v 6a 94w). I tapped 15v into ebay and there seems to be some on there that might work but i don't want to buy one only to find out it's not right.

thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
You also need to know if the mains adapter is AC or DC output. Most adapters less than about 12 volts tend to be DC, but above that can be either. Is there any symbol like a solid line with a row of dashes above it, or a wavy line?. If it turns out to be DC you also need to know if the centre pin is positive or negative.

Sponsored Links
The Maplin link is 3.6 amp. The OP needs 6amp. Do a search on Ebay for 15v supplies and check they are 6 amp+ befor buying. I found a 12v 10amp from China for £20.00 including carriage.

thanks for the info everyone. i managed to get a universal adaptor locally and it covers many voltages. i paid £24.99 for it and he tested the telly for me and it works perfect. job done! :D

can i connect a freeview box to it without an external arial as i was going to buy one and use the tv in the bedroom. thanks again.

re Freeview. It will depend very much on where you live and the signal strength.

Roof aerial is best

Do a Google for Freeview Indoor Aerial.
I got this......

"If you're looking to get an indoor aerial, there are some test results on Ricability's site. One of the indoor aerials to come out top in consumer tests is the Telecam TCE2001 - this is available from Argos, priced under £20 (Cat: 534/4008).
As well as Argos, it's worth looking at the range of indoor aerials at Maplin Electronics - We've had recommendations that Maplin's Indoor aerial with booster (Cat: L29BB) performs well. "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back