Hive 2 Compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is the Hive 2 compatible with an Ariston Microgenus 2 boiler. It uses a 3 volt mechanical timer 02.76.0126.1.
Can't seem to find any info on the switching voltage from the Hive receiver.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It uses the thermostat connection not the programmer.

Sponsored Links
The single channel Hive has volt free connections, although they can be used to switch mains voltages if required.
It can be used with virtually any boiler, including yours.

The dual channel Hive has mains voltage switching only.

Hi Flameport, thanks for the response, is the best way to wire it into the thermostat block or the clock?

Looking at the receiver box, it says input voltage 230v, switching voltage 230volts- this has me confused!!

The wiring for the receiver box is showing 1. common 2. Heating off NC 3. Heating on NO

If I wire into the stat connections, which is only 2 wires, which ones do I use from the Hive.

Sorry lots of questions, I thought this would be straight forward. Which I suppose it is when you know. lol

Having thought about it. Leave the clock on constant, and connect wires 1 and 2 from the reciever to the wires in combi for thermostat, which should knock the heating off when up to temperature. I hope

Last edited:
Sussed it. it was wires 1 and 3 from receiver and disconnect the timer altogether. :D

Hi davebo, I've got a similar boiler, I had the same concerns as it runs low voltage terminals. Is your set up running okay? Did it make any difference which way round the wires were connected into the thermostat connection?

I don't think it does, after swapping wires round from terminals 1 and 2 to 1 and 3 the hive worked fine.

I don't think it does, after swapping wires round from terminals 1 and 2 to 1 and 3 the hive worked fine.

Cheers for your response. All up and running. Roll on the cold weather!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back