Hive 2 receiver wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to replace my existing Danfoss FP975 programmer with a Hive 2 receiver.

The current wiring (and corresponding diagram) is shown in the following photos

e645c16.jpg

3ba2476.jpg

Yellow: HTG ON
Black: HW OFF
Grey: HW ON
Brown: Live
Blue: Neutral

The Hive 2 receiver wiring diagram is shown below:

9a13d9ccb3f249b4e9cec9520d6b214c_zps38488485.jpg

Am I correct assuming the following wiring connections or am I missing something (i.e. links)?

Blue -> N
Brown -> L
Yellow -> 4
Black -> 1
Grey -> 3
2 -> empty?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply!

I connected it like this and now when I turn on the Heating the boiler doesn't fire (even with Boost), but Hot Water seems to be working ok.
Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? I have set the temperature in the thermostat above the current temperature.

Do you have an existing room thermostat? If so that would need to be either left turned up full or removed and the live and switched live linked.
If you have post a picture of the connections and I will tell you which wires need linking, or it could be disconnected in the wiring centre where the pump and valve is, again post picture for help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John! :)

The thermostat is an old Honeywell one.

Here are some photos.

1f62d89.jpg

1dedb6a.jpg

Apologies for the orientation of the photos, can't seem to be able to change it...

Red -> 1
Yellow -> 3
Blue -> 2

You need to join the red and yellow wires with a connector and put the blue wire in a connector on its own. Then the new hive can be fixed to the box to cover the hole, or if you are fitting it somewhere else then put a blank plate over it.

You need to join the red and yellow wires with a connector and put the blue wire in a connector on its own. Then the new hive can be fixed to the box to cover the hole, or if you are fitting it somewhere else then put a blank plate over it.

Thanks a lot John, you're a legend! Everything works fine now! :)

HI John. i wish I had gotten BG to fit this for me. I bought from screwfix as it seemed quite straightforward. hmmm. Then having opened it I couldn't return it so had to persevere.
I have the same setup as KOSTAS77 with the old honeywell room thermostat same wiring. When you say join the red and yellow; can I just completely remove the thermostat? I traced the wiring back as shown in this picture. to
1 is the blue from the thermostat, 2 is the red and 3 is the yellow. 4 is Heating NO (on) from old clock. Can I just simply remove 1,2 and 3 and connect wire 4 to terminal A (which connects to the white lead from the Y plan multiport}?
Am i also right in assuming that Heating NC (off) on Hive is not required?
2016-04-29 13.29.36.jpg

I have the same setup as KOSTAS77 with the old honeywell room thermostat same wiring. When you say join the red and yellow; can I just completely remove the thermostat?
Wire colours are irrelevant as there is no standard way of wiring a thermostat.

You need to join together the wires connected to terminals 1 and 3 of the thermostat. The wire to terminal 2 should be connected to a small terminal block and made safe.

A better way would be to disconnect the cable at the other end - i.e. as in the photo - and link together the terminals which carried the wires to 1 and 3 of the thermostat. The wire to the old thermostat is then completely redundant.

Heating NC is not required

Yes that will work fine.
As D_Hailsham says heating off (terminal 2) is not required.

Hi
What would happen if the 2 wires were not joined and all connected to separate connectors? Thanks.

Could it be possible that the heating would come on but not go off at the required temperature and just keep going as that seems to be the problem I've got and I know for certain those 2 wires are not connected.

If you haven't connected the wires at the room stat and the heating is coming on then something is not right.
You might have wired the receiver up wrong.
Was it working correctly before you started?
What type of system do you have? Combi, S plan Y plan?
Do you have a frost thermostat? That could be causing the problem you describe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back