Hive Combi installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Just ordered Hive for my parents. They have a combi boiler with no thermostat and a Drayton LP111 timer. I took the front of the Drayton off when I was over there today and this is how it looks. I'm only at the early stages here of looking into it all but I'm guessing that judging by the photo, I won't be able to do a straight Hive 'front-plate' swap and will need to get into the boiler wiring. Will I likely need 5 cores from the boiler to the hive receiver (CH only model)? Thanks PS I didn't note the boiler make but will get it tomorrow.
Diagram.JPG
Drayton 1.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yes, you should be able to straight swap that, probably using the same backplate. Only things you may want to do is put brown sleeving on the blue wire going to Com and tidy up the copper wire on show.

Thanks. Yes, the wiring does look a bit amateurish doesn't it? Won't I need a wire from the boiler to the 'Heating Off' channel on the Hive receiver too though?

Hive single channel.jpg

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Chris. I'll report back later in the week when it's up and working (hopefully). :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Many thanks for above. Took just 20 mins from the time the postman delivered it (the Hive Hub, Receiver and Thermostat) to having it all up and running. Cheers:D

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back