Hive and Drayton Digistat 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I am in the process of installing the Hive Receiver and just need to replace the Drayton Digistat 2.

Can anyone advise, having looked at the pictures attached, what wires should go where? I have a Baxi combi boiler.

The wires going into Digistat, are only common and on. The hive receiver appears to need an off aswell.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20181210_212237.jpg
    20181210_212237.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 732
  • 20181210_212348.jpg
    20181210_212348.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 638
Sponsored Links
The wires at the Drayton Digistat 2 terminals move to the terminals at the Hive that have the same function. For a Combi boiler you need the single channel version of the Hive, and move the wires over as follows:

Digistat (L) = Hive (L)
Digistat (N) = Hive (N)
Digistat (C) = Hive Common (1)
Digistat (On) = Hive Heating ON (3)

That's all you need, the other terminals are not used. Your present thermostat doesn't have a wire in its 'off' terminal, so you won't need it at the Hive either.

Thank you for your quick response.

You say Hive need four wires, however the digistat is basically three (Live, Neutral and On). The common connection gets a link from the live on the digistat, as per the picture in my first post.

Hope that makes sense? or am I mis understanding something :)

your hive will work if wired the same way , on to 3 and link live and 1 at the hive, to others reading this post this is not suitable for all boilers but as yours is already wired this way it will be ok

Sponsored Links
You say Hive need four wires

Not exactly. I said that 4 of the terminals will need to have wires in, which they do:

Hive (L)
Hive (N)
Hive Common (1)
Hive Heating ON (3)

however the digistat is basically three (Live, Neutral and On).

It does have three wires, but still four terminals are used. The same as the Hive.

Digistat (L)
Digistat (N)
Digistat (C)
Digistat (On)

Electrically speaking, there is no difference between the two thermostats. Their terminals are even labelled the same (Digistat 'C' = Hive 'Common') (Digistat 'On' = Hive 'Heating On') you are simply swapping thermostats that are electrically like for like.

The common connection gets a link from the live
It does and so will the Hive. The link is included in the wires to be moved to the Hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back