Swap Digistat 3+ for a Hive SIngle channel (Combi boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
We have a Worcester Bosch 37CDI combi boiler controlled by a Digistat 3+ controller.
We are looking to replace the controller with a Hive single channel unit.

But my Digistat controller only has 2 wires connected in the wall box, as per attached picture, red to 'C' and Yellow to 'ON' , nothing at all to the 3rd 'OFF' connection.

Looking at the Hive wiring (pic from another post) can i simply move:
Digistat Red (C) to Hive (N)
Digistat Yellow (ON) to Hive CH ON(3)

Many Thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Greenstar to Hive.jpg
    Greenstar to Hive.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Is the blue wire connected to NS at the boiler ? if it is you connect blue to hive neutral, red to hive live and yellow to hive 3, you also need to put a link between live and 1.

Hi Picasso,
Thanks for the response, just had a chance to follow the wiring back to the boiler in the airing cupboard.

I have found a junction box in the airing cupboard - wiring picture attached, looks like the blue wire is not connected at either end - digistat controller or past this junction box - both ends just hanging in fresh air.

From the Digistat wiring to this junction box and on to the boiler it now looks like:
Digistat Red (C) to Boiler (Grey)
Digistat Yellow (ON) to Boiler (Black)

I am now thinking that my best approach is to effectively ignore/bypass the Digistat unit altogether and place the Hive Controller in the airing cupboard - situated beside this junction box.
(just hoping the WiFi signal carries up there..)

Then taking your advise above, wire as follows:

Junction box (Grey) to Hive (L)
Junction box (Black) to Hive CH ON(3)

Link Hive (L) and Hive (1)

Am i still short of a Live power feed? without the Blue connected anywhere?

Should I also run an additional Earth cable from Hive Controller Earth point back to the Junction box earth cables?

Many thanks for the help so far.

Attachments

• Combi-Boiler to Digistat Wiring-Airing Cupboard.JPG
    Combi-Boiler to Digistat Wiring-Airing Cupboard.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
You still need to find a neutral, try stripping the flex back a bit as it might be 5 core as its unusual to see black and grey on 3 core.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back