Wiring advice - Replacing Digistat SCR and Horstman H17XL with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!

I'm trying to replace my Digistat SCR and Horstmann H17X controller with Hive and the wiring has got me a bit stumped.

I saw some other threads on here which almost did it, but my wiring looked a bit different so I'm posting a new thread.

It's a combi boiler so central heating only.

I was wondering... (newbie guesswork) - could I join the two black wires in the Digistat to make it permanently on, effectively bypassing it? And then rejig the controller wires to fit the Hive as in this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/switch-to-hive.533056/

The cables are mostly hidden behind plasterboard so it's a but difficult to see what's what.

Images attached.

Donna

Attachments

• 20211209_092819.jpg
    20211209_092819.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211209_092812.jpg
    20211209_092812.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
could I join the two black wires in the Digistat to make it permanently on, effectively bypassing it?
Yes you could do that, take the one out of terminal 3 and put it with the other already in terminal 1.

And then rejig the controller wires to fit the Hive as in this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/switch-to-hive.533056/
Also correct. You should also have the single channel version of Hive. So, in your case:

2 x Grey wires in N = Hive (N)

3 x Brown wires in L = Hive (L)

Other end of link wire in L connect to Hive (1) Com

Black wire in 4 = Hive (3) Heating on

Put Green / Yellow wires in the Hives' Earth Tether

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back