Hive connection to Morco combination boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm contemplating fitting a Hive heating system to my Morco combi boiler in my static van. I did see a thread on here but the more I read the more confused I got.

OK, here goes. My Morco boiler has a 240v plug which plugs into a power socket in the cupboard the boiler is housed. I would like to know in simple terms how to connect the receiver.

Ive seen a clip on YouTube where a person uses 4 core and an earth cable which he connects up to the receiver in advance, then connects that to the boiler.

If someone can provide a side wiring diagram showing all connections from the plug to the receiver then to the boiler I'd appreciate it.

Last thread on here had a few wiring diagrams that confused me.

Thanks all in advance.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Hi Darren, it would help if we knew which Morco boiler. You do only need 4 core and earth (sometimes referred to as 5 core). L, N, E, simple enough, other 2 wires go to your switch contacts on boiler. Diagram not really needed. Be careful opening up a combi boiler, as some cases are part of the combustion circuit and critical safety checks would need to be performed.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. It is a Morco GB24. So am I correct in saying I can prewire the receiver using 4 core plus earth cable. Connect the L,N and E wires to the boiler and the remaining 2 wires to the correct connection in boiler.

Thanks
Darren

Pretty much, but make sure it’s flex cable, not grey cable - which is usually not heat resistant.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks Chris. Think the hardest bit will be opening the boiler to gain access to the electric panel.

I am also trying to install hive to my morco III GB24 boiler.

I have installed and connected the hub, receiver and thermostatic and app all are talking to each other. I have installed a cable to provide perm live, neutral and earth to the hive receiver and now need to install the cable between the hive receiver and morco boiler.

On the hive receiver I have …. N, L, 1 common, 2 Heating off (NC) and 3 Heating on (NO), 4 unused.

on the boiler there is a strip of connections (as per photo) not sure what to connect into ? There are 2 connections free on the left side and 2 connections looped on the right side. The middle connections are the incoming mains.

Many thanks for any help

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back