Hive for Ideal I2 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

recently wired up a hive to my boiler.

The receiver switches off when you turn the heating below current temperature and switches on when putting heat on or boosting.

If I leave the clock on the problem is the boiler doesnt switch on or off with the hive controls so it would stay on 24/7

any ideas where I am going wrong
Currently wired

8254FFEA-B746-4F41-A09B-63C60F09666F.jpeg A8BA61FD-CB2C-4213-BB97-1EFE8A2231A6.jpeg CE6D8D71-285E-49FC-B206-C853DED31917.jpeg

Sponsored Links
you need to remove the brown link between the last two terminals in your pic, then the two terminals go to 1&3 on the hive , either way round it doesnt matter, as you have linked live and 1 on the Hive try removing the link at the boiler and putting the black wire into the last terminal of the boiler with the link removed

Last edited:
Also, why have you used heating off terminal in the Hive? You’re not supposed to use twin and earth in a boiler either, it should be heat resistant cable, usually flex.

Sponsored Links
Sadly, I didnt originally install it, it was a electrician when rewiring the house.

Im just trying to sort it out as he keeps telling me its the hive reciever not his wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back