Hive Hub 2 System not working on CH

OK forget the Hive it is doing what it should be doing, the boiler should have a permanent live, so you have a display all the time, the hive only tells the boiler when to fire up, it does not power the boiler, you need to find why you have intermittent permanent live, where is the electrical switch for the boiler ? Turn the power off to the heating system, remove the hive receiver cover and post a pic of the wiring on the back plate

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that the boiler is plugged in lol?

Dead boiler= well, PCB or supply fault.

@ianmcd will give you an informed idea :)

Thanks
That makes sense thanks so much
However doesn’t appear to be any isolating switch for the boiler just a feed to the isolating switch which provides power to the hive receiver
…old system was a electronic landis gyr system controlled by a wall mounted thermostat in the hall which is no longer there as a wireless thermostat has replaced it
The hive receiver is now in the place of the old landis gyr electronic timer
iOS Image - 2761866316.jpg
iOS Image - 1132591608.jpg
iOS Image - 3995031821.jpg
iOS Image - 945543025.jpg

However direct appear to be any isolating switch for the boiler just a feed to the isolating switch which provides power to the hive receiver
…old system was a electronic landis gyr system controlled by a wall mounted thermostat in the hall which is no longer there a a wireless

Sponsored Links
However direct appear to be any isolating switch for the boiler just a feed to the isolating switch which provides power to the hive receiver
…old system was a electronic landis gyr system controlled by a wall mounted thermostat in the hall which is no longer there a a wireless

you have done something wrong, you shouldnt have a wire in terminal 2 on the hive (CH off) this is used for air con, has it ever worked since you installed the Hive ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
However direct appear to be any isolating switch for the boiler
That isolater switch (FCU) will also be supplying the power to the boiler, there is a 2AT fuse on the boiler PCB, I suspect that has blown because the wire you have in terminal 2 on the hive is a Neutral, there shouldnt be anything in that terminal

• Thanks
oooooh...
this is getting interesting.. had new boiler and hive system fitted by British Gas ..about 5 years ago... full flush of the existing older system then fitting of new boiler and hive system ..
so has worked perfectly ok for the past 5 years... just started playing up over past week or 2..
Also when we had the odd service on the old system to isolate the boiler to make it safe to work on just used that switch in photos that also switches off the receiver..
Didnt actually fit it myself..

I wonder why it sprung back into life though? Then gone off again?
I think you will find when installed and switched on to both CH and HW it came on, as soon as CH switched off that wire in 2 has blown the boiler fuse

• Thanks
Ok
I looked for fuses but can’t find one anywhere
Also system was working yesterday then stopped
Started working today when got home after a 24 hr break and stopped again after a few hours …

I wonder why it sprung back into life though? Then gone off again?
Pcb shenanigans.

My Suprima would play games with me pretending to be dead, then not. Dry joints are a bastard to find so new PCB is the usual cure.

Could be a loose supply contact on the 240 side here though. Hard to say

Here we go again
Just switched socket on
Receiver status light lit lit up
Switched ch and water on and boiler has fired up !!!
iOS Image - 790177744.jpg
iOS Image - 2766145187.jpg
iOS Image - 2615555977.jpg
iOS Image - 2151619263.jpg

• Thanks
Here we go again
Just switched on power via switch on wall
Receiver status light went green
Pressed ch and water buttons and boiler has fired up again???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back