Hive wiring Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just wired up a hive thermostat to my Vaillant ecotec plus 824 boiler. The hub, thermostat and receiver are all paired. The receiver clicks on when turning thermostat up or using via app on iPhone but the heating itself isn’t turning on. It’s like it’s not getting the signal from the receiver to switch on. See the attached photos. I’ve also tried with a link wire in between live and 1 on the back plate. The heating is turned on, on the boiler controls. Can someone please help

Attachments

• a7eeda2e-2c0f-4bd0-b19d-481c985291b1.jpeg
    a7eeda2e-2c0f-4bd0-b19d-481c985291b1.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7943.jpeg
    IMG_7943.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Had a Honeywell stat previously. Removed it before installing the hive though.

Sponsored Links
If old stat is still fitted the circuit may be still connected to it, if so turn it up high or link the switch wires .

If we’re talking about the room stat here then that’s an old wireless one. I removed the receiver and used the wiring going to that for the hive receiver. Thanks

could link 1and 3 to see if boiler fires if so faulty receiver. If not check you have 240 on 4 at th boiler. Check your connections on the black at both ends.

Have you got a time switch on the front of the boiler? Is the temperature dial up on the boiler? Press the I button on the front of the boiler - what is the code?

Yes I have a segment type timer on front of boiler. The heating is set to “on” and not “timer” when I press the “i” button it displays 5.30. The temperature dial on the central heating knob is set to 60°

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
S.30 (5.30) is the room thermostat is blocking, so it's either a faulty hive, a wiring/installation issue or potential fault with the PCB. Could do as per @cross thread and put a link in at the boiler, that would rule out the PCB/timeswitch.

Thanks both. Yeah the boiler is just not responding at all. Will try the link between 3 and 4 on boiler pcb. I’ve noticed the boiler pcb is making a particularly noticeable squealing noise. Coming from a coil on the board I think. Could this be because I have cover off and have never been able to hear this before. Also, the timer switch is broken which is the main reason I’m installing the hive, to control heating times

also, forgot to mention, I wired the original stat receiver back up last night to get the heating working and all was fine so obviously not the boiler pcb

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi, do u mind if I ask if u got it sorted as I have exact same issue. Not sure if link L to 1 common is needed on receiver. Thx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back