Hive Heating Dual Channel & Vaillant EcoTEC plus 618 setup not working

I have posted the job on mybuilder to get a proper engineer to look at it
good luck with that :ROFLMAO: , don't worry thou because its all over the adverts on tv now so it must be good o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: fooking knobs

also leave the wiring alone if i was you ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't panic too much about it. The original wiring doesn't look too bad to me. (Believe me I have seen much worse!) the original installer has actually fitted the cables under the cable clamps and whilst the wires are not installed very neatly (which makes it difficult for us to see where they go properly in the photo) they appear to be terminated reasonably well in that the aren't vast swathes of copper sticking out of the terminals.

However, it would appear to have been messed about with by whoever attempted to install the Hive. As has been already suggested, ideally the wires should all be removed and reconnected from scratch to make sure everything is connected properly and that there are not any spurious connections that shouldn't be there. It's difficult to say exactly without examining the system as a whole, but I would expect that a suitably skilled person would be able to check the connections and remake them in 1 or 2 hours.

Last edited:
However, in the photo, we can't actually see "two motorised valves" only two black cables that would have been supplied with a motorised valve.
The two valves were visible on another pic which the OP has, for some unknown reason, removed.

Don't panic too much about it. The original wiring doesn't look too bad to me. (Believe me I have seen much worse!) the original installer has actually fitted the cables under the cable clamps and whilst the wires are not installed very neatly (which makes it difficult for us to see where they go properly in the photo) they appear to be terminated reasonably well in that the aren't vast swathes of copper sticking out of the terminals.

However, it would appear to have been messed about with by whoever attempted to install the Hive. As has been already suggested, ideally the wires should all be removed and reconnected from scratch to make sure everything is connected properly and that there are not any spurious connections that shouldn't be there. It's difficult to say exactly without examining the system as a whole, but I would expect that a suitably skilled person would be able to check the connections and remake them in 1 or 2 hours.
He has already fiddled with it which considering he needs someone in imo:unsure:

Pot luck comes to mind

Sponsored Links
This is what you need to do:

1. Turn the power OFF
2. Hive backplate; move the yellow from 1 to 3
3. On the 12 way terminal block: Connect the yellow (from hive) to terminal 5 (from left) i.e same terminal as red from Tank thermostat.
4. Turn power ON
5. Turn tank stat to max
6. Set Hive to HW ON
7. Boiler should light

If this doesn't work, the tank stat has been incorrectly wired.

This can be confirmed by turning the tank stat down to minimum. If the boiler then lights the stat has been mis-wired.

Further instructions to follow (if necessary).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back