Hive hub wiring come out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Accidentally pulled a cable out of my Hive central heating hub. As can be seen bottom right.
Does it just go back in with the existing wires, or do they go into separate connectors?

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Hard to tell which they are, can't see a permanent live and permanent neutral, so are they just the other end of what's in the backplate?

Hard to tell which they are, can't see a permanent live and permanent neutral, so are they just the other end of what's in the backplate?
I think those ARE the Live and Neutral for the backplate.
I hope the power is now off! :eek:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yes, power is now off. The wire that’s still connected goes into the boiler. The one that’s one out goes to a fuse box

Sponsored Links
Yes, power is now off
Great!
If you have any test equipment to check that the cable is now dead, that would be worth doing, before touching it.
Then connect Brown to L and Blue to N on the backplate and see what happens.
If they had at any time touched, when they were pulled out; it's possible a fuse may have blown (but you would probably have noticed that!).

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Connected those back up. Looks like fuse has blown. Need to find a 3a fuse now!!

Connected those back up. Looks like fuse has blown. Need to find a 3a fuse now!!
Did you connect them up correctly, and no stray wires? Plenty of places sell 3 amp fuses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back