Hive Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the correct way to wire up my new Hive. At the moment I have just a 7 day thermostat that is wired in normal way as per the attached diagram.

Can anyone confirm where I need to wire the new hive receiver into on the boiler diagram please. I was hoping to place the receiver in place of the old thermostat but replace the wiring.

Thanks

Simon

Attachments

• Baxi HE133 plus.jpg
    Baxi HE133 plus.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Thermostat.jpg
    Thermostat.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Hive.jpg
    Hive.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
The brown wire presently in the 'A' terminal of the thermostat goes to the Hive Single Channel Version, terminal (1) 'Common', the blue wire presently in the 'B' terminal of the thermostat goes to the Hive terminal (3) 'Heating On'

I guess your original thermostat was battery operated, so you now need to run a new 230V supply to operate the Hive. This Neutral (N), Live (L) and Earth should be connected to the same mains supply as the boiler. This could be the boiler N, L & E terminals, or alternatively the 'load' side of the 3A fused connection unit that supplies the boiler, whichever is easiest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back