Hive Installation confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

been given a hive heating dual channel system, which seems to be correct for the system i have. i have a conventional boiler and a large hot water tank.

on removing the original controller what i see is not what the manuals seem to suggest it should be wired.

any chance anyone else has come across similar or knows how this is wired correctly.

Boiler - ICOS HE12
Existing Controller - Drayton LP522

MUCH appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7136.JPG
    IMG_7136.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_7137.JPG
    IMG_7137.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 316
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what you expected to find, it looks exactly as I would expect. Your existing programmer connections are:

Capture.JPG

Which is exactly the same as the Hive Dual Channel receiver. It should even fit on the same back plate, although I always fit the new one so that they are both new together.

Hive.JPG

If you have an existing room thermostat, it will either need to be set to 'maximum' to prevent it interfering with the operation of the Hive, or preferably decommissioned properly by removing it and bridging the live switching terminals.

Hi Stem,

thanks for the reply, but if you notice the image ive attached there is nothing connected to the 1 and 2 terminals...

Terminals
N - 2 blues and a grey
L - 2 browns and a black
1 - empty
2 - empty
3 - grey
4 - black

should there not be cables connecting to the 1 and 2 terminals for HW & H off?

Cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
I have this system and thinking of fitting hive hot water and heating system my controller is a British Gas up2 and Honeywell thermostat. Am I right in thing I can put the hive controller directly on the up2 backplate without wiring changes and then bridge the live and sl athe thermostat

Attachments

• 38B78F00-C41F-48F3-BCAF-B9FD843E0651.jpeg
    38B78F00-C41F-48F3-BCAF-B9FD843E0651.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 207E6D81-4007-4941-A5AC-E8404BCA2867.jpeg
    207E6D81-4007-4941-A5AC-E8404BCA2867.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 294
Hi Nigelperry. Welcome to the forum.

As you are a newbie, for future reference you should have started your own new thread really. Adding your question to someone else's is known as hijacking and is against the forum rules.

Anyway back to your question.

Yes the backplate & wiring are the same. I would fit the new backplate that comes with the Hive though, they are supposed to be universal but I would fit the new one then both parts are new together.

Terminals 1 and 3 are the switching wires at the thermostat, link them and isolate the neutral currently in 2.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry about not starting a new thread just new to forums

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back