Hive Installation Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello back in December I fitted a hive with my ICOS HE12 boiler. It seemed to be working well until the weather improved and I turned the heating off. At this point when the hot water fired up the radiators got warm yet the hot water didn't. I tried swapping the CH off and HW off wires which half worked as I now have hot water but the radiators are still getting hot. I still think it's a wiring issue. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
15582658649337545156559228220353.jpg

What is the rest of the system - one valve, 2 valves, some other combination? Was there an old room thermostat and if so, what was done with it?

Very unusual to have all 4 terminals in use. Possible it has been wired incorrectly.

Yeah there was a room thermostat I bypassed that by connecting the terminals together. One valve as far as I can see in the airing cupboard

Sponsored Links
One valve with 3 ports (3 pipes connected) suggests Y plan, and that doesn't use the 'CH OFF' terminal 2, so most likely the wiring at the Hive is wrong.

Any ideas how it should look or should I try swapping wires

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back