Install Hive Dual Channel - Replace British Gas UP2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm following another thread which stated that Dual Channel version of the Hive and British Gas UP2 are a straight swap however I'm finding that the terminal 1 is not wired which is hot water off and terminal 2 seems to be damaged. See picture. Not having any issues with boiler and thermostat controls the radiators without any issues. I've held off installing the Hive as I'm not 100% it will work without these terminals wired.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpg
    IMG_7959.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 354
Sponsored Links
The damage one, I guess they are just using as a Joining terminal

HW off is only used with 3 port mid valves. No wires there is good news.

Ps don’t know why they didn’t use the Earth terminal

hi, thanks for the update. If it is a joining terminal, will it impact the way the Hive controls the boiler as I'm hoping to reuse the existing plate. I believe terminal 2 is for hot water off. Yes, I was a bit confused by that, it connects to a fused switch.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on :)

Initially the central heating wasn't working until I changed receiver to gravity fed mode. All seems to be working as expected.

Yes thermostat currently at max, I believe you can move the live wire to terminal 3 to complete the circuit, this should circumvent the old thermostat.

Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back