Hive Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After reading a number of pages I’m still not sure whether I have the correct hive product for my home.

I have just got hive dual receiver, but as I have a combi boiler and having looked online it seems that I need a single channel receiver product instead?

Is this the case or would my combi boiler still work with the dual hive product once installed? I have looked about on the hive website but I can’t seem to find the link for a single receiver.

Would anybody be able to help?

Sponsored Links
Stem, where are you? You are needed again.

Don't worry Adam Stem will be along shortly to answer any questions.

Andy

Cheers for your answers!

I guess it would just be a job of transferring the current wires configuration over to the hive one?

Sponsored Links
would my combi boiler still work with the dual hive product once installed?
Some combi boilers can work with the dual channel version - although the hot water channel will be useless.

However that is only for boilers that use 230V switching. If yours uses some other voltage, then the dual channel Hive cannot be used, and wiring that to the boiler will destroy the boiler PCB.

B03A2692-DBC1-4A0C-8F52-4CD2608CA9A3.jpeg

Thanks for the replies. I’ve attached photos of the current setup in the house, if they are any help. In the video, the guy has taken off the remote thermostat, we have both that and the receiver hard wired into the boiler. The image is of the ‘remote thermostat’ wiring. Would I have to replace the receiver with hive? What would I have to do with the ‘remote wiring’? I hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• 240B8248-985E-4E0D-8182-8103F9309658.jpeg
    240B8248-985E-4E0D-8182-8103F9309658.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 158
  • D2CCF4A6-B4B2-49AA-88FE-175A11AC4C31.jpeg
    D2CCF4A6-B4B2-49AA-88FE-175A11AC4C31.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 165
Just remove the link between L and 1 and it should all work. I thought Ideal was OpenTherm not on/off switching, so really should be using Nest or EvoHome, however seems to be wired on/off so it should work, even if not as efficiently to if using OpenTherm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back