Hive Multizone or an "Active Heating Kit"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I THINK I've got the answer to this, but just want to check what others think.

I've already got a Hive hub and I now want to start controlling my heating.
I don't need to control hot water as that's 'on-demand'
I've physically looked at the Hive Active Heating kit (not heating and hot water), and the Hive Multizone Kit... and they appear to be identical apart from the first one also comes with a hub that I don't need.

Am I right in thinking that I can just buy the multizone kit and use them with the hub that I already have?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Sponsored Links
That's the idea. You buy just the thermostat and receiver, and they work with the hub that you have already for your other Hive devices.

Capture.JPG

Note: The picture above shows the dual channel receiver. For a combi without hot water control you need the single channel version.

Thanks for the response.
I'm happy to confirm that having gone out and bought a "Hive Multizone" (for about £95), it works perfectly with the nano 2 v2 hub that I already had, and the single channel controller that comes with the multizone controls my Worcester Greenstar 42CDI perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the update, that will help reassure any others looking for the same information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back