Hive problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I’ve had Hive installed for a number of years and it’s all worked brilliantly. Last week I had someone in to tile my utility room and they disconnected the hive receiver to tile round it and then they put it back on. Now when I need heating, it will only go on when the water is on. I’m not sure if this is coincidence or if it’s been wired incorrectly. They said they put it back exactly how it was but it all just seems a little strange. My boiler is Greenstar 15Ri and I have the water tank and set up in the pictures.

I just want to know if it has been wired correctly. I’m happy to call someone out if there’s another issue and this is all a coincidence because I do have home emergency insurance but there will be a charge for me if they know the wiring has been tampered with. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated as I'm not very DIY savvy.

Receiver 1.jpg
Receiver 2.jpg
Tank 1.jpg
Tank 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Any chance of some better photos? Looks wired ok, but there’s some additional wires I can see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back