HIVE single channel to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody please help? I am having trouble wiring in a single channel hive system to a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i combi boiler. I am trying to use the old wiring, but have had to change the backplate as it wasn't compatible. I have 240v supply going in to Hive on L and N, with 240 going out to the boiler from these same terminals. Where do I connect any other wires so that the hive receiver can power up the heating?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Have you had a look at the Hive manual? It's really well written and covers most scenarios.

I have had a good look. But still end up scratching my head. I have tried Hive 1 to boiler LS with Hive 3 to boiler LR. Does NS need to be connected or shorted to N?

Sponsored Links
Yes the receiver is working when controlled. But the boiler will not fire up for the heating.

Connect the wire from terminal 1 in with the wire in terminal 3 and switch on. The heating should come on permanently. If it does there is a problem with the hive receiver.

Thanks for your help Echo. Off to bed now. Will try again tomorrow evening. Cheers.

Just carried out a quick voltage check before retiring. With the hive receiver on, there are 240 volts on both LR and LS.

If that is measured with the second meter probe connected to neutral, the hive is working and the issue is with the boiler...

OK. It was. Hopefully the boiler will be alright. Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for letting us know what the solution was as it makes it easier for others with the same problem to know what your solution was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back