Hive V1 for Istor He260

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have just bought a Hive V1 dual channel that I would like to install on a system with an Ideal Istor HE260 boiler. I have no idea how it should be wired for the heating on/off and hot water on/off.

Could anyone please help!?

Many thanks.
Paul

Attachments

• 20170610_093357.jpg
    20170610_093357.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 172
Sponsored Links
Hello & welcome

Unfortunately no one will be able to help you when you just provide details of a wiring diagram showing the internals of the boiler.

What will be changing are the existing controls, of which you say nothing. You need to provide details of the external controls that you presently have such as programmer / thermostat and the wiring connected to it / them.

I am also puzzled, because unless I am mistaken, the Ideal Istor is a combi boiler that provides hot water on demand when a tap is opened? if so, why are you asking about hot water on/off. That is for systems with stored hot water. Do you have a hot water cylinder connected to it also?

Hi Stem, thank you so much for replying.

All I can tell you I'm afraid is that the room stat is a honeywell with the wiring shown in the attached picture. It looks as though it's 3 core but only 2 cores are used for the live and neutral. The programmer is integral and the wiring can be seen at the bottom of the wiring diagram that I attached earlier.

No this one has a hot water cylinder in the bottom half so I will still need the function to turn the hot water on and off.

Many thanks
Paul

Attachments

• 20170610_205331.jpg
    20170610_205331.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
Thanks, for the extra information, but I don't understand what you mean when you refer to the hot water cylinder. This is a hot water cylinder

cylinder.jpg

What I don't understand is
this one has a hot water cylinder in the bottom half

The bottom half of what?

Sponsored Links
I have attached a picture of my boiler to clarify.

Hope this helps.
Paul

Attachments

• 20170610_223039.jpg
    20170610_223039.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 311
Ah OK, it's one of those! I understand now, unfortunately though I have no knowledge of them so I can't help, so on this occasion 'I'm out'. May be someone else may be able to advise, although if it means changing the internal wiring of the boiler if the existing time controls are built in you may find that it is not a DIY job.

Ah OK, it's one of those! I understand now, unfortunately though I have no knowledge of them so I can't help, so on this occasion 'I'm out'. May be someone else may be able to advise, although if it means changing the internal wiring of the boiler if the existing time controls are built in you may find that it is not a DIY job.
Many on here can advise on all aspects of controls wiring for any boiler it's just that we choose not too.;)
It's fun reading some of these threads regarding controls wiring , some just choose to just sit back and read the drivel.;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back