Hive Wiring Help/Confirmation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old wired thermostat has failed so picked up Hive Active Dual Heating and HW in the BF sales. Just looking for confirmation on the wiring.

Current controller picture and wiring:

WGnkY8Y.jpg
63ASC8I

fnVUXaa.jpg

Hive Wiring Guide:

GBcAERM.jpg

I’m assuming:

1) I can remove the commons that the old controller has

2) Wire in like for like with the Heating and Hot Water NO’s

3) Bridge the old wired thermostat wires

4) I don’t need the Heating and HW NC’s

5) All Neutrals wired into Hive N point (as per current controller)

Have I got that right?

Sponsored Links
Sounds right to me. Nice that you put forward your solution for approval, rather than just asking how to do it.

The Hive has the common links made internally, so you are right, remove and discard them.

After that:

N and L are self explanatory and stay as they are.

The wire presently in 'Heating NO' 3 goes to the 'Hive Heating NO' terminal (4)

The wire presently in 'Hot Water NO' 6 goes the 'Hive Hot Water NO' terminal (3)

Bridge the live switching wires from the existing room thermostat.

Thanks Stem, always like to try to understand what I'm doing.

Will get it swapped this weekend. Cheers.

Actually, I have one last question.

Is Wire2 the thermostat wire? Could I take wire4 black to neutral instead of bridging at the old wired stat?

Will try and trace the wires I guess.

Sponsored Links
Looking at your photo, as best I can see, I think cable 4 is most likely to be the thermostat.

The red from 4 looks to be connected to Heating NO, and then it comes back into the loose terminal on the black. If so, then disconnect cable 4 and put the red wire from cable 2 from the loose terminal into the now vacant Heating NO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back