Hive wiring, how to do it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ive recently bought a hive active heating and i just wanted to check before wiring if anyone could tell me if its a straight swap or i need to change any of the wiring. I have posted a photo. Thankyou

https://ibb.co/3NgW9bd

Sponsored Links
post your photo on here bottom right hand corner "upload a file "

No probs

Attachments

• 20210930_154924.jpg
    20210930_154924.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Be careful of the green/yellow - it’s not being used as it should (earth bonding). It’s being used as a switch live (hence it being sleeved red). As per @ianmcd, make sure you get the dual channel.

Be careful of the green/yellow - it’s not being used as it should (earth bonding). It’s being used as a switch live (hence it being sleeved red). As per @ianmcd, make sure you get the dual channel.
Chris ,I cant understand the Neutral on that, how come it is where it is ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
But according to the wiring diagram it shows the L&N in terminals next to each other at the opposite end ?
The way I read it was N (blue), Live (Brown), DHW off Grey, DHW on (black), Heating on (green/yellow - sleeved red). Are you saying the L and N are green/yellow for L and Black for N? I know colours mean diddly squat, but was just following the diagram, or how I read it anyway.

But according to the wiring diagram it shows the L&N in terminals next to each other at the opposite end ?
Hi the drawing reads left to right but the wiring is right to left so its N L HWOFF HTGOFF HWON HTG ON. HTGOFF has no wire in. Spoke to a mate whose a sparky and he said its a straight swao with the (dual) hive. Just replying to this to help anyone else out

Hi the drawing reads left to right but the wiring is right to left so its N L HWOFF HTGOFF HWON HTG ON. HTGOFF has no wire in. Spoke to a mate whose a sparky and he said its a straight swao with the (dual) hive. Just replying to this to help anyone else out
AH got it now yes , they are back to front

Not sure if this should be a new thread but once Hive is wired in place of old programmer should i disconnect old 'reciever' or leave it in? If its left in will it causs issues?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back