HIVE WIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently got HIVE installed and I have a tank in a cupboard and the boiler in the garage. When I try to get only hot water, the heating comes on too. Not the best scenario as I won't be able to get hot water without heating. Can anyone advise. BG coming back out but I want a valid argument as the guys patronising to me I'm a female!

Sponsored Links
why don't you wait till BG come out ? why are they patronising you ?

I'm not entirely thick and do understand the concept of most things but I feel like didn't try as tried to fob me off. He did say the water would work on its own but said That's the way these systems were wired up by Richard Irvine? Surely you can alter the wiring to make both work independently. Heating and water and water only?

Without seeing the system or the wiring, no idea.
Was it a problem before the hive was fitted or only since its been fitted?

Sponsored Links
Think it was before. I've just moved into the house but did notice this fault. I was hoping hive would rectify this

Are you on cover with them?

If you need a second opinion/quote for remedial you can find me on yell. Im based in aberdeen

Could someone help me out with the wiring up of my active heating 1 on open vented system vaillant ecotec 430.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 109
It was the valve that was stuck mid way and had been for some time. All sorted now with new valve and no cost. Well done BG

And I hope that they did not "patronise" you either!

Could someone help me out with the wiring up of my active heating 1 on open vented system vaillant ecotec 430.
Many thanks.

Instead of starting your own thread you have posted in the middle of someone else's!

But before posting you should read all those recent threads about similar topics.

If you did that you will see that a DIYer should not be opening up an Ecotec boiler because they are room sealed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back