Hive with Logic Combi 30 - Wiring Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm having some trouble getting my Hive 2 heating system working. The units are all connected wirelessly and the remote thermostat is working however when I try boost the heating nothing happens, nor will scheduling work so there's obviously a power connection but not a signal connection. There was an existing themostat mounted in the entrance hall which I removed to put the wireless stat in it's place and followed instructions to remove the old thermostat from the wiring centre (cables have been left in place as house is rented and we're taking Hive when we go)

I'll take some photos of what Ive done and see if someone can help me by letting me know what Ive done wrong. I am competent with electrics, ring mains and networking have just never done anything involving the boiler before.

Thanks, Spadge

Photos to follow.

Sponsored Links
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1233.JPG

That is not wired correctly at all, the black wire from the boiler flex should go to 1 with no other wires, the grey wire from the boiler flex should go to 3 with no other wires, the existing thermostat cable should be disconnected.

Does your landlord know you are tampering with the heating system?

That is not wired correctly at all, the black wire from the boiler flex should go to 1 with no other wires, the grey wire from the boiler flex should go to 3 with no other wires, the existing thermostat cable should be disconnected.

Does your landlord know you are tampering with the heating system?

Thats how it was wired, I havent moved any cables simply took the wiring away from the thermostat. Landlord has given permission for us to do whatever we want.

Nice fursuit btw!

Sponsored Links
Fixed it like you suggested and appears to be working now. Everything in these houses was shoddily built on the cheap by the building company, wiring is atrocious, plastic piping keeps leaking and they didn't use a spirit level anywhere in the house (or even a tape measure for that matter). Behind the wiring centre that small red wire between Live and 1 was already there so left it in place and the black wire was just connected straight through to the old stat. How the heating worked at all with it so wrong is beyond me.

Thanks very much

Spadge

That link should be removed and the 2 brown wires connected into the L terminal. only the black and grey wires should be connected to the numbered terminals.

That link should be removed and the 2 brown wires connected into the L terminal. only the black and grey wires should be connected to the numbered terminals.

Yeah thats how it is now and appears to be working though am just trying to sort the pressure out as its crept way too high.

What is the pressure when the water in the heating system is cold and how high does it go when it is hot?

Make sure both of the filling loop taps are firmly closed (and check that the heating flow and return taps are definitely open. I'm not certain the one attached to the pressure gauge is in the right position).
Then bleed a radiator nearby and watch to make sure the pressure is going down.

Last edited:
Check the filling taps are both fully off then you will need to let the pressure out of a drain point, or from a radiator bleed point on the system, don't use the pressure relief valve to do this!

Cute avi ^^

Edit, beaten again!

Ive opened the nearest radiator in the hall and taken a bucket full of filthy water away but the pressure doesnt appear to have change, and said radiator is now empty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back