HMO Electrical Installation

Sponsored Links
Pretty tidy job though...I was expecting it to be lashed in, but other than the 20cm of single insulated tails outside of the henley blocks, it wasn't TOO bad.

What are the chances the owner got somebody legit to do it, told them the supply was to be upgraded, and it never happened?

Went to the spot you said, OK the system was likely to blow the DNO fuse, but with most houses if you really want to you can cause an overload and blow the fuse. To my mind as soon as you watch something like that where you know what the so called expert said is wrong you suspect everything else in the report has been selected in the same way. So I don't bother watching the programs.

Not the best idea in the world, but if the kitchen is shared, then the only real load in each unit is the shower, sockets and lighting will not add upto much. Its quite unlikely that more than one, certainly most unlikely that more than two showers will be in use at once. The chap in the video seems to have whacked all rings on on the cooker and a shower and perhaps panel heater in one of the rooms and clamped the tails quickly before any cooking rings cycled off on a stat.

If you want to know if there is really a problem then it needs a data logger on for a week and then you'll see if there are any real issues.

Sponsored Links
I can turn it back on again once the video starts so there are no ad interruptions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back