Hob and Jill

Sponsored Links
Just curious if there is anyone who keeps Ferrets?

If I were interested in ferrets I'd look at training them to kill rats, in the last few days I've heard of three houses that had a rat/s problem.
All the houses involved were large detached quality older houses with cellars upward of over half a million probably in the region of £700,000 and up.

You might have to put a tracker on your ferrets in case they go in to wall cavities ....you wouldn't want to lose them .....Made me wonder about stoats can they be trained as rat killing pets ?

Sponsored Links
What has vegetarianism got to do with imprisoning animals just for fun?
Oh, ok, now I understand.. So having a pet, something that is looked after well and I daresay, loved by some owners isn't ok. However, keeping animals in cages their whole life, cages so small that they cannot itch and itch and aren't allowed to enjoy feeling the sun or the wind on their faces IS ok because you want to eat them?

If I were interested in ferrets I'd look at training them to kill rats, in the last few days I've heard of three houses that had a rat/s problem.
All the houses involved were large detached quality older houses with cellars upward of over half a million probably in the region of £700,000 and up.

You might have to put a tracker on your ferrets in case they go in to wall cavities ....you wouldn't want to lose them .....Made me wonder about stoats can they be trained as rat killing pets ?

Well I have seen radar type devices for ratting dogs and ferrets in the past, incase you take them out and they get stuck in rat holes, you can dig them out.

I'd imagine stoats could take on some basic send and retrieve type training the same but I don't think they're used for such things.

keeping animals in cages their whole life, cages so small that they cannot itch and itch and aren't allowed to enjoy feeling the sun or the wind on their faces IS ok because you want to eat them?
No, it isn't, and I do my absolute best to not eat them.

No, it isn't, and I do my absolute best to not eat them.
What does that mean,,you veggy but meat is hidden on your plate when you are not looking? Or you weak willed and meat addicted,or do you secretly grill hamsters and gerbils?

No, it means that the meat I eat does not, as much as I can manage, come from animals kept in "cages so small that they cannot itch and itch and aren't allowed to enjoy feeling the sun or the wind on their faces".

This reminds me of your barmy notions about pie ingredients. Maybe only rubbish food is available where you live.

No, it means that the meat I eat does not, as much as I can manage, come from animals kept in "cages so small that they cannot itch and itch and aren't allowed to enjoy feeling the sun or the wind on their faces".

This reminds me of your barmy notions about pie ingredients. Maybe only rubbish food is available where you live.
Yeah, imported from the EU.

I do not eat meat...

Yeah, imported from the EU.
Any country within the EU has the right to implement their own animal welfare regulations...

Outside the EU, the WTO becomes the arbiter...

It of course has a rather more lax approach!

It is impossible to be a meat eater and not contribute to the cruelty of animals.
While it's better to buy from local, welfare driven farmers, it is still cruel.
You cannot buy any kebabs, takeaways, eat in a posh or not so posh restaurant or even a plain old chicken sarnie from your local cafe without partaking in cruelty, for sure.

Sponsored Links
Back