Hob and washing machine connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought new gas hob with electronic ignition. Can i take spur from ring main socket above work service and put socket under work top behind hob or should i take spur into FCU and then put a socket behind hob.Similar connection is needed for washing machine,both are well away from each other.

Sponsored Links
There's no point of isolation if you put socket behind the washing machine and you may want to turn it off in a hurry if (eg) its full of water and pumping out onto the floor.

Put an FCU (or double pole 20A switch) in an accessible place ans socket in cabinet or space adjacent to the machine.

Do not forget that the work you describe is notifiable ;)

TTC

Taylortwocities said:
There's no point of isolation if you put socket behind the washing machine and you may want to turn it off in a hurry if (eg) its full of water and pumping out onto the floor.

Put an FCU (or double pole 20A switch) in an accessible place ans socket in cabinet or space adjacent to the machine.

Do not forget that the work you describe is notifiable ;)

TTC
Thank,s mate for quick answer.I would put FCU above work top and put socket behind hob and machine.Is 3 amp fuse suffitient.

Sponsored Links
3A for hob ignition is fine, but for the washing machine it won't be enough. Check the back for a plate with it's power (in watts) or just use the same fuse that is currently in the plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back