Electric oven + gas hob + washing machine on spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We want to install an electric oven and gas hob in replace of the gas oven that was already there. There is only 1 socket under the work top (on the ring main). How am I going to run a washing machine + electric oven + gas hob ignition off this one socket? Shall I use a extension cable ;)

I was thinking about taking a spur out the side of the socket up to the top to a on/off switch then back down to a double unswitched socket where i can plug in the hob ignition and the oven. Then I will still have the one socket (from which I am taking the spur cable) free for the washing machine.

Any other ideas comments about this?

Cheers,

Stu

Sponsored Links
As its a gas hob and electric cooker it sounds like the cooker will not be just a fan circulating the heat. You need to find out what load the cooker is at it wll probably need a seperate circuit of its own. You would also be better extending the ring for the washing machine.
All of this work is notifiable under Part P

Hi,

Its max load is 2075 Watts. It says in the manual that it needs a cooker control circuit with a 20amp fuse.

Extending the ring is going to be a pain for the washing machine, especially since it has been working fine for over a year off the normal socket, the real trouble is to install the oven (an electrolux eob51001x).

Cheers,

Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back