socket for my gas hob ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have just bought a gas hob with an electric ignition and ive noticed that i have nowhere to plug the hob into, my question is.... can i spur off the cooker connection socket behind the oven with a plug socket or do i have to take the power from another plug socket above the worktop.

thanks for your help
jim

Sponsored Links
Nuttalls. There are two very important omissions in your post.

1. You have to wire the extension to the cooker circuit in the same rating of cable.

2. A 1A BS1362 fuse is not easy to get hold of.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply, can you tell me why A 1A BS1362 fuse is not easy to get hold of.
cheers
jim

It is just not as easy to buy them as it is the common sizes i.e. 3A, 5A, 13A.
They are easy enough to get hold of though, farnell, RS, electrical shop or wholesaler will probably have them.

on top of the worktop i have the cooker switch with the red switches, that leads down to the cooker connection unit under the worktop, can i spur of the connection unit with 6mm cable and install a plug socket next to it, as i understand it, i can still isolate the hob and the oven at the same time.
do you agree.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back