electric oven & gas hob (ignition) connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Can anyone give me the straight facts before I employ a sparky ( so I dont get ripped off)
I want to connect a 2.2kw oven that is supplied with a 13a plug and the ignition for a gas hob.
There is a cooker switch (with socket) above the worktop approx 3m from the consumer unit on a 6mm t&e radial circuit with a rewireable 30a fuse. From the cooker switch there is 750mm of 6mm t&e to the oven connection unit under the worktop. Is it possible connect both the oven and gas hob ignition to the connection unit. Any ideas?
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, easy.

Sparky removes the existing cooker connection unit and back box. Replaces back box with a double box and fits a standard double socket.

Plug cooker into one socket, hob ignition into the other. Job done.

EDIT: even easier. Fit one of these to the existing connection point http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...dex/Sockets_1_to_2_Gang_Conversion/index.html

The only snag is that the plugs (and their fuses) will be behind the oven so you'd have to pull the oven out if there is a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back