Oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oven 2.2kw hob 5.8kw
Existing point. 6mm t+e clipped directly to wall/beams.
so I can connect the hob to the existing cooker switch ?
Can I also connect to this with 2.5t+e to a socket for the oven
Or
chainge the switch for one with a socket as well
Or
Run a new socket from a different circuit ( spur ?).

I also have a cooker hood to find power for ? Any suggestion
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ericmark summed up the issues in response to previous question on this subject - might be time to listen to him.

To comply with regulations you either do it the easy way.
Get a scheme registered electrician.
Or the hard way.
1) Design the system which you seem to have a problem in understanding 433.2.1 and are still asking about cable sizes.
2) Submit the design to LABC and pay their fees.
3) Install the system.
4) Test the system this will require special test kit costs approx £750 to buy or £75 to hire.
5) Submit results to LABC.
The LABC can re-test to confirm your results and once satisfied will issue a completion certificate.
Once the LABC is involved you must of course follow all the rules. So you will need to down load part P, M, and F to ensure compliance. Plus electricial regulations.
I am not saying don't DIY but be aware it's not just stick in the wires and that's it.

The job has now chainged I am now not extending the old cooker cable
And I also now have the loading of the oven/hob
Do I need a sparks to connect the hob into the existing switch ?

Sponsored Links
Do I need a sparks to connect the hob into the existing switch ?
Difficult to say since we do not know and you do not say how the circuit is protected.
Furthermore, since you are not using the services of an electrician you do need to inform LABC before you start all the other work you have/plan to have done in the kitchen and certainly the new CU - meter tails etc etc.
You have been given this and other similar advice on numerous occasions but it doesn't seem to be registering.

Your lack of competence is further hightlighted by the questions you are raising in this post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back