Hob Installation Wiring Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me please, I'm trying to install my hob its a like for like replacement for a newer model. The new model has the arrangement below. The problem is the live wire won't fit into the slot indicated. The gold things appear to be in the way. Do i slim down the live wire (is that safe) or do i remove the gold thing. This can't be that hard. Help please.

Sponsored Links
The "gold things" are links that connect the three Live inputs together so the appliance can operate on a single phase supply. The are needed exactly as they are in the instructions.

The appliance can operate on a three phase supply by removing the "gold things" and connecting a Live into each of the Live terminals

The "gold things" are links that connect the three Live inputs together so the appliance can operate on a single phase supply. The are needed exactly as they are in the instructions.

The appliance can operate on a three phase supply by removing the "gold things" and connecting a Live into each of the Live terminals

So i should leave the gold things in. How do i thin down the live wire to make it fit in the slot.

You don't thin it down as that will cause it to burn out. There's plenty of room there to fit your wires in.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the photo of the terminal plate and the wiring diagram are a bit confusing.

Clearly Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are connected together to run on SP. Terminal 4 is clearly neutral, and earth is marked as such.

It looks like Terminal 3 on the photo of the terminal block is empty and available to take the incoming live cable.

Unfortunately the photo of the terminal plate and the wiring diagram are a bit confusing.

Clearly Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are connected together to run on SP. Terminal 4 is clearly neutral, and earth is marked as such.

It looks like Terminal 3 on the photo of the terminal block is empty and available to take the incoming live cable.

That would make sense as it is the only slot large enough to receive the wire. Can anyone confirm this is what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back