Hob & Oven wiring diagram is this ok?

Just thought I should update on progress with the Oven and Hob Saga!

Well I know when I am beaten and am calling in a spark to replace CU etc. :D :D

Went to the property today to have a really good look at electrics (plus a bit of decorating). Made myself a cup of tea using the cooker socket and heard a slight buzzing noise which turned out was coming from the 30A MCB (only when kettle was on!). Cut off power and took all MCB's out and removed the holders, tightened the connections and put all back together - switch on kettle etc now all ok. Still the CU is old - who knows what horrors may lie beneath :eek:

I now realise that if I change the cooker switch and socket unit for a switch only unit I will have no socket outlet on this side of the kitchen. To leave the existing cooker switch and socket in would mean that with all appliances on would overload the circuit. Therefore I do need a spark to do the job properly.

The downside for me is having to re tile the kitchen :(
The upside for you guys is no more silly questions :D - well for a little while at least. I will probably go and ask a few on the tiling section to give you all a break :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. I truly hope that I have not offended anyone by asking further questions after opinions have been given - it is my nature to be curious.

Cheers :D
Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back