Hole in Roof Felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
II have a hole in my roof felt over a timber. It is a 1967 house so I imagine the felt is wearing out, although it is fine over the rest of the roof. How can I go about patching this up. I tried Duck tape but this fell off.

Any Ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use something like stixall or sticks like s**t or gorilla grip to stick a piece of felt to the underside.

The truth is though the roof tiles keep the water out, the felt is there as a bonus.

i wouldnt let it bother you unless water is coming in then u have a bigger problem .. then its a roofer u need

Often it is easily fixed from outside. inside fixes will always look a patch repair.
However, the tiles/slates do the weathering.

Sponsored Links
If you regularly clear the water from the roof. Then all of this would not have happened. But anyway you can find the spot on the roof from where it is affected and fixed it with covering it with tile or cement.

that was a bit restrained freddy have you been taking your medication :LOL: If its the felt inside your loft forget it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back