hole in soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got a small hole in my soil pipe in front garden where the people who jetted it had to make to unblock it because it was blocked on the bend.what is the best way to seal it somebody i know suggested putting lead round it is this suitable the hole is oly 2 inchs.

Sponsored Links
Is the pipe underground or overground? What material is the pipe made of?

Shouldn't the people who made the hole make good???

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's clay pipe. Short of cutting out the damaged section and inserting a new piece using a couple of connectors there's not a lot you can do. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion. I suppose it's a waste of time even trying to get the original numpties back.

Lead would probably do. Like patching a pair of jeans, you could cut a piece large enough to cover the hole and even silicone it into place - clean the pipe and rough up the surface a bit first, and make it bone dry before using the silicone.

Then cut out a section of 110mm soil to sit over the top, to protect the lead it, and Robert's your father's brother.

I think "uncle" is the word you're looking for.

Er, no; superfluous is the word I'm looking for.

only a thought.

what about citting a piece of plastic soild pipe out and using a "boss" to hold it in place?

If you put 'Boss' anywhere near water it ends up just being gradually washed away.

Which, BTW, is why it's very silly to put it on a cone-and-olive joint.

perhaps boss is not the right word.

i think you think i mean the white stuff boss?

i mean the clip thing that you .....................

here is a pic of similar to what i mean

p3243317_l.jpg

Ah, sorry - I didn't read your post carefully enough. Sincere apologies.

The problem with your suggestion is that the i.d. (inside diameter) of soil pipe and the o.d. of the clay pipe are different, so any segment that you cut just won't sit right over the hole.

Cover the hole with a sheet of plastic and concrete the pipe. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back