Hole in the Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back in December I was attempting to do a furniture shuffle in the master bedroom, all was going well until I pushed the chest of drawer to far one way and the corner took a chunk out of my beautifully painted white wall :cry: After lots of cursing and shouting, I got the hubby to go to our local builders merchants, where he was able to grab some miracle products to fix the ugly hole in the wall.
My problems didn't quite end there though, after spending too much time worrying about the wall, I then realised that the wooden finish on my chest of drawers was damaged and I then needed to re-stain the chest to bring the colour and shine back. Whilst both the wall and chest of drawers looked (almost) good as new after, it's safe to say I won't be moving furniture on my own EVER again!(y)

Anyone else had this kind of nightmare or am I the only one clumsy enough to do so?!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Usually moving furniture up and down stairs usually results in a similar thing with marks on the wall never holes though (yet) :LOL:

Let my wife loose with a hammer and bolster and ended up with a hole in the wall — through to next doors living room .

Sponsored Links
Yeah. That happened to me in a Victorian 2U2D in Manchester.
Stitch drilling and hammering in the kitchen to fit a cooker control unit, I was shocked to hear a yell of "HEY!!!" through the wall.

While I hadn't gone though, there was a nasty-looking bulge of broken plaster and tile in next door's bathroom....

The elderley gent was sitting on the throne as I was doing this: good job I didn't fully break through!! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back