Hole saws and access under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody tell me if a hole saw bit needs special fittings for my rotary drill. The job I have in mind is I have nailed down floorboards in the loft and want to access under some floorboards before refitting the same boards. It seemed a good idea to use my drill with a hole saw to cut about 5/8" diameter hole around the nails so I can pull up the floorboard sections, leaving the nails in place with their wooden plug ready when I refit the same board. Is this possible please.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
a hole saw tends to have a centre drill bit.you need a plug cutter to do what you have in mind.in hindsight you should always screw chipboard down.could have just took the screws out.a plug cutter will fit in your drill

Thank you Chukka. I've now got myself a plug cutter, it burns a bit at times but it seems to do the job so far after two nails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back