Holes in roof help please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I noiticed our bedroom coving was coming off and pulled it and it fell off there was a damp patch behind which has since got bigger and is also on the ceiling. I realised the roof was leaking, I went up into the loft to have a look and could see 6 small holes (I only knew they were there because of the daylight coming through) they are small holes prob no bigger than a 50p coin. I bought some loft boards so i could get to where the holes are and have places a plastic sheet to stop further water coming in. I got a roofer out and he said we need a new roof 4K which I can't afford even a few hundred quid never mind that much. (he didnt look from inside) I am wondering if there is anything I can use to bodge up the holes for the next couple of years. I have been searching the net but found it very confusing I dont know alot about roofs: shingles??
I would like to try and repair it from the inside if possible put could get hold of ladder if i needed to.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Try posting some pictures, your roofer has seen the roof, we haven't.

Also try getting more quotes, but don't tell them what the other roofer has told you.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back