Repair hole in roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I don't actually need to repair \ replace the roofing felt as its watertight, but my roof tiles aren't flat they are curved and I have birds (the feathered variety) coming in my loft via the hole in the roofing felt, so what is the best way to repair this, I am afraid of heights so I am thinking of doing something from inside the loft,my thoughts are to use some roofing strip (wickes pt no:-240023) and some Bituminous Roofing Felt Adhesive (wickes pt no:-240008). What I an thinking is to smother the bottom side of the roofing strip with adhesive, then poke it trough the hole ( I guess 4inch diameter) the roof tile will stop it going too far and press it to the existing felt (I hope) and then put some roofing felt on the inside over the hole again using the Adhesive making a sandwich, just hope its quick drying, down want to stay there forever to hold it in place.The other problem is the fact that the hole is near the eves (I think its the eves, the bit at the very edge of the roof, near to whet the box is that the gutter fixes to..forgive me for not knowing)

Thanks for you help

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back