holiday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sent off for my passport today so should be here within the next 3 weeks. what im wanting to know is where's the best place to find a cheap last minute holiday. want to book and go a day or few later. been looking on icelolly.com and lastminute.com any others worth trying. thinking off going turkey, it will be me 35 and my 17 yr old son going.

Sponsored Links
sent off for my passport today so should be here within the next 3 weeks. what im wanting to know is where's the best place to find a cheap last minute holiday. want to book and go a day or few later. been looking on icelolly.com and lastminute.com any others worth trying. thinking off going turkey, it will be me 35 and my 17 yr old son going.

clicky

10 out of 10 johnmylad well done i was asking if people had any personal experience and what firms they used. but thanks for the lesson on how to use goggle. god don't lose your day job matey :D :LOL:

travelrepublic.com onthebeach.com

also have a look at booking everything seperate by yourself easier than you think . where grabs your fancy

Sponsored Links
I'm off to Crete next week. The Euro exchange rate makes anywhere in Euroland expensive still which makes Turkey a good deal once you are there. Never been to Turkey and we seriously considered it but as we have an 18 month old with us we took the safe option of Crete to a place we have been before and know we will not have any surprises.

If it's you and a 17 year old I would say wait it out and get a last minute bargain. Have you considered the Caribbean? They are normally all-inclusive and our summer holiday is their off peak (it's hot and your hotel might get flattened by a hurricane) I can recommend both Jamaica and Cuba.

I renewed my passport 3 weeks or so ago by their normal 2nd class post option, slightly worried if I'd get it back in time and it arrived back 7 days later.

Probably the best thing to do is to go into a travel agents, tell them where you want to go, tell them what your budget is and let them sort everything for you.
I was trying to book for Tenerife last year (week before Christmas).
On the internet all of the last minute deal sites wanted around £150 for flights, another £100 for accommodation (S/C) extras for transfers, in flight meals etc. In total the cheapest we could get was going to cost around £320 each.
We went into a Coop travel agency on the Thursday and got flights, transfers,in flight meals, accommodation 3* B&B for £340. (£170 each)
and flew out on the Sunday morning.

One place on the internet I phoned up even said that we'd be lucky to get a flight at that short notice. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oooh Matron!

Anyway, Teletext have a good website for last min hols.

Back to the shinnanigans! ;)

You can try http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/?gclid=CLXX487kn6MCFQ6ElAodXSFWsA,
but again I will mention signing up for quidco as you can receive discounts/cash back with certain holiday firms.
But you will need to do some research in to prices and make sure it stacks up.
Remember when you book late (two weeks before you go), often there is a charge for collecting your tickets at the airport.
So either book two weeks prior to avoid the charge or book with a company that emails the tickets as they not charged for that.
I got a good deal recently with Thompson, so even the bigger firms are worth looking at.
Also do some research in to the transfers and holiday insurance, there is always a way of saving some pennies.

If you need to review the resort or hotel, this site is worth visiting.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/

Just back from two weeks in cala canutells in menorca went all inclusive it was fab and hardly spent any oney once there would totally recommend x

Also I booked with thomsons but got a Internet price from first choice and they matched it always have a look at both firstchoices and thomsons website because one will usually be cheaper than other we saved 370 quid by getting price match:0) good luck and have a fab time when you go

They are sister companies yes but still offer same holidays at different prices it pays to check them both out

I find that usually 1st choice offer the more expensive deals, than Thompsons and the bl00dy plane seats are uncomfortable too :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back