Home automation - To replace radiators or not?

Just a bit temperamental. Some guys seem to have more luck than others installing it; from my experience I've found the signal range to be very poor, the setup to be frustrating at times, Honeywell's support team to be less than helpful, and response times can be sluggish. A couple of guys on here seem to have the installation cracked although I'm not sure that they don't have to go back from time to time to tweak installations to make them work. I've made the switch to Heat Genius, which I'm much happier with and have in my own home. It has 90% of the features of Evohome, plus a few extras Evohome doesn't have, and doesn't seem to suffer from any of the aforementioned niggles

Sponsored Links
Yes, it has the home made touch to it.

Evohome has been in production in one form or another since 1998 and Honeywell have learnt many things along the way. There will be plenty of other competitors coming over the next 24 months, now Evohome is becoming a fast seller.

If you want to buy British, most of Evohome is manufactured in Motherwell.

Thanks for the tips guys. I would build the whole thing with a R-Pi or Arduino if I could :)

Sponsored Links
Im running Evohome, and the only issue I have is the range on one controller to a couple of the radiators, but thats because the house is quite wide. Other than that Ive found it excellent, and ceratinly a lot more efficient than turning on the entire upstairs or downstairs at once using a single thermostat on each floor, or indeed going round turning on or off individual TRV's on 29 radiators depending on wich rooms I want when.

My own issue regarding range is not insurmountable as I could look to relocate some of the receivers and then split the house left/right over the two controllers rather than upstairs/downstairs, but it would be nice if Honeywell made a booster or repeater.

Ive found it very useful, and even the wife classes it as one of, if not the, best piece of technology Ive ever added to the home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back